Last updated on October 23rd, 2018
Public sector Banks and RRBs in India has come into an agreement with IBPS to conduct all future recruitments. IBPS’s online platform will be used by the banks to register candidates for the proposed all India level bank exam. There will be separate recruitments for the PO, Clerical and Specialist vacancies, which are the core positions in India banks. Rural Banks (RRBs) will also participate in this exercise through IBPS RRB recruitment. IBPS recruitments are once in a year, and the selected candidates will get placed on the participating banks through a centralized mechanism in the subsequent year.
IBPS Exam 2018 for Bank recruitments
- IBPS Clerk: Selection of Clerical grade employees also known as assistants.
- IBPS PO: Selection of Management trainees (MT) also known as probationary officers. After the training period which lasts for at least 6 months, the candidates will get the rank of Assistant Managers.
- IBPS Specialist (SO): A recruitment for Special officers who handles IT, Law, and other sections of the Banks.
- IBPS RRB: Single recruitment for PO, Clerk, Specialist and Senior Officer roles in Regional Rural Banks.
Banks which selects candidates through IBPS for recruitments
The above given are the banks supporting IBPS Clerk, PO, and SO exams in 2018. For IBPS RRB recruitment, there are approximately 60 banks. Check the RRB notification for full list.
This is not the end. In fact all banks and financial institutions in India now uses IBPS for their recruitment. State Bank group , Federal Bank, South Indian Bank, Axis Bank, and some other insurance companies now endorse IBPS’s common bank entrance test. However, they have separate means for announcing the recruitments and they do not appear on the IBPS website www.ibps.in.
IBPS eligibility and requirements
An Indian national who has a degree certificate from a UGC recognized university may apply for IBPS PO and Clerk Exams if he or she is in the age group 20-30 as of July 2018. This age-limit on IBPS eligibility requirements is not valid for SC/ST and a few other categories with reservation. Apart from this, the clerical or Assistant Cadre applicants additionally require computer knowledge and local language proficiency. The IBPS Specialist Cadre and the Scale II, III Officer posts have additional educational qualification from a professional domain and sometimes previous experience is also asked.
How to enroll for IBPS Bank exams?
- As we said earlier, IBPS exams happens once in a year. Hence, the candidates have to keep an eye on the IBPS website or newspapers for ads relating to the upcoming IBPS recruitment.
- IBPS forms are collected online. Hence, candidates wishing to apply for IBPS Banks Exams have to visit appropriate section of the IBPS website during the dates specified in the notification.
- All the requirements for filling this application form is given in IBPS notification.
- The registration form has multiple pages and one will take approximately 20 minutes to complete it.
- The candidates successfully enrolls for the IBPS exam once the fee is paid online at the end of the application.
- A password and user Id will be generated during this process and it can be used to login and collect the admit card for the the online exam.
- IBPS will notify the applicant about the release of the hall ticket and all future proceedings through the email and mobile number given on the application.
The upcoming IBPS Exam in 2018: IBPS PO (Registration expected in July)
Ongoing IBPS Exam application in 2018: IBPS RRB recruitment.
Update: We now have a dedicated website on IBPS EXAM. All further notifications & application links on IBPS recruitments after 2018 are only accessible through this site.
Phases after online registration on IBPS site.
Once a user sign up for IBPS exam, the next phase for a general category applicant is the release of the call letter. Applicants with eligibility may request for a free training course while they are applying for IBPS recruitment.
The next activity is the two-tier online examination, followed the the results and interview. Interview is not there for IBPS Clerk and RRB Assistant vacancies as of 2018.
IBPS Exam pattern and syllabus:
IBPS started with written exam for bank recruitment in 2011. Then they moved to an online test platform in 2013. In 2015 they again changed the exam pattern by bringing two-level exam. Now in 2018, candidates have to pass a prelims and main exam to win the IBPS race.
What you see above is a typical bank exam syllabus IBPS PO, Clerk, and Scale-I RRB Officer posts. IBPS Specialist and RRB Officer Scale I, II, and III posts have an additional “professorial knowledge” section for obvious reasons. There will be negative marking for all IBPS online exams. Right now it is .25 for one wrong answer.
IBPS exam preparation Book/Study material:
Things had changed a lot from 2011 when IBPS announced the first recruitment. Now we have a lot of books for preparing IBPS PO, Clerk, Specialist and RRB recruitments. IBPS Coaching centers are now there in every nook and corner of the country. As the competition for IBPS recruitment is so high in these days, getting an offline coaching is the best way to prepare the IBPS Exam in this era. Mastering the shortcuts for clearing the IBPS recruitment is not that effective when you study from a book. Still, if you want a book suggestion, we suggest you go with Kiran Prakashan’s IBPS book on previous years question papers. [Buy it here] The newly introduced version of this book on Amazon has questions from 2011-2016. The title is available for PO and Clerk vacancies. You may search Amazon for related titles on Specialist and RRB exams.